Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Date

My date was fabulous yesterday. We met at a cafe not far from my place. He had coffee I had tea. He bought me two cups. He followed me home, we left my car and drove to the beach in his car. We walked down a path and onto the sand. I carried my sandles and bathed my feet just before the water rushed back into the ocean again after gushing up to us. He kept his shoes on and stayed well up on the dry sand. We could still talk but not hold hands. Maybe I looked too old for him to want to hold hands with me. We ate lunch in a pub. He ordered a club sandwich and chips and I ordered a caesar salad without the bacon and anchovies. It came with bacon but I avoided eating it, being a vegetarian. I had three glasses of red wine. He drank soft drink. He didn't ask me to pay for anything which I thought was very noble. We came back at my place for coffee. My head was swimming from the alcohol but I repelled his advances in a pleasant way. We kissed. That's all. Then he had to leave. He was a bit younger than me. Don't know if he'll get in touch again. T'was a pleasant encounter and I'm happy to let it go at that. Today I'm having lunch with a girlfriend then I'll come home and will finish my activity sheet.
I really enjoy lunching and drinking alcohol during the day, then getting physical with a lover. It is a most pleasant way to spend a day. The problem is the hangover later and still having to deal with responsibilities like getting dinner ready when I just want to sleep it off.
I felt like that last night only without all the memories of physical pleasure or the promise of another get together in the future. Oh well. Probably just as well for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment