Sunday, September 20, 2009

Low

I feel deeply low right now. I spent a weekend away with my ex-boyfriend 10 days ago. I have strong feelings for him. I want to be with him. He doesn't want to give me up either. He says he loves me.
Now he has gone to Italy with my girlfriend. He will never admitted this, but 'I know'. I mentioned he was going to Italy to another girlfriend, word got around and then I get a call from another girlfriend close to the 'betrayer' girlfriend. This 'other' girlfriend is fishing. She wants to know where I heard that he is going to Italy. I figure she is checking for the Betrayer.
But I can't hurt my ex-boyfriend so instead of making his life difficult, as it may become, although he is such a good liar, he would just tell her that it was wishful thinking on my part, and a malicious desire to destroy them by telling lies, I don't tell the truth. I couldn't. I said that I had heard he was going to Italy from an aquaintance that I bumped into coincidentally at the shops.
The girlfriend refuses to confirm my ex and the Betrayer are going together. Instead she leads me to say that he's not worth my worrying about and that they deserve each other. When I say I had the boys on the weekend she seems re-assured that 'it wasn't me' he disappeared with all weekend because I never leave my boys.
I did that weekend though because at 16 and 19 I can, but don't very often. They understood that I would only be away overnight. One thing they can't understand is why I go with someone like him. They are bemused, but let me run my own life, and knowing they will always come first.
I can't stop thinking about my ex-boyfriend. When we are together we are happy. We like the same leisure activities. We indulge. I have two more years of child rearing esponsibilities before I can give him my undivided attention. He can't wait. He wants to travel. I'm sure he loves me as I love him.

I was suspended from my course. I explained that I would be late for class on Thursday and the head dude says. No. My son can take a taxi to the airport. I repeat that I will be driving him and will therefore be late. He repeats that if I don't turn up by 9.30am I will be suspended. This argument is heated.
I go away and complain to my job provider then send a detailed e-mail describing this dudes mal-practices to a body who can do something about him. Mal-practices such as over-seeing use of the hoist when he is trained as a primary school teacher, not an aged care worker, telling a 'Tamil descent' lady that because she is short she has to lift in a particular way, not holding the handles on the back of the sling which is supporting a fellow student we had hoisted off the floor, the way we had been taught to do by the real instructor who was taking another class that day.

Thursday I take my son to the airport. Due to hold-ups on the freeway then roadworks all around the airport, I drop him with just half an hour to spare. He checks himself in at the automatic machine then queues to deliver his luggage. I join him in the queue after parking the car. We get to the check-in counter, the girl takes his boarding pass, labels his luggage and puts it on the conveyor belt. She is about to give the boarding pass back when on the screen something comes up. She reaches over and gets my son's luggage back.
"Flight's closed. You've missed it." She suggests we go to another counter and book on a later flight. I couldn't believe it. We had 20-25 minutes to go before the plane took off. My son wasn't allowed to board. Another lady was in the same situation as us. No matter who we argued with the situation remained the same.
I brought my son back to the airport later in the day and saw him off on another flight. I came home and composed a letter of complaint and sent it off.
All I've been doing lately is complaining to people. I have been spending a bit of money too getting my art printed and then framed so I can submit my pictures into competitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment